Discover™ Health Occupations Readiness Test
You asked for a better solution. We delivered.
Value Package Details
Attend a Webinar
To explore how you can use Discover in your program as an initial assessment and remediation tool, enroll into one of our upcoming webinars, contact a Healthcare Education Consultant via email or call 1.800.499.9092.
In response to the growing need among allied health programs to better assess student readiness and improve retention through early remediation, we are proud to offer the new Discover Health Occupations Readiness Test.
Discover is a 105-minute, 85-question exam that measures student knowledge in reading, mathematics, science, English, and language usage.
The objectives assessed in the Discover exam are those deemed by allied health educators as the most appropriate and relevant to measure entry-level skills and abilities.
DOWNLOAD: Discover Summary Packet with Sample Test Questions (PDF, 248K)
Discover also includes:
- In-depth reporting that provides insight into student readiness and remediation needs
- A preview of students' strengths and weaknesses and Focused Review® resources so remediation can start on the first day of class
- Educational support tools, such as a study manual and practice exam, to help prepare for the exam and/or to be used as a supplemental classroom resource
For many students good study skills and learning strategies need constant reinforcement, so we have developed three value packages that combine Discover preparatory materials with dynamic and interactive materials that teach critical study and learning skills.
Discover Value Packages
Attend an upcoming webinar to learn how your can use Discover in your program as an initial assessment and remediation tool. To enroll, complete the online Webinar Inquiry Form or contact a Healthcare Education Consultant via email or by phone at 1.800.499.9092.
Discover Package Details
Self-Assessment Online Inventory
- It provides descriptive data that identifies a student’s learning styles, critical thinking skills, professional characteristics, work values, and much more.
Online Practice Test
- 75 question test patterned after the Discover test.
- Designed to introduce the test-taker to Discover’s content and format.
- Includes Focused Review™, which analyzes a student’s strengths and weaknesses so they can immediately begin remediation.
Study Manual – Printed
- Written specifically to address the needs of students preparing to take the Discover.
- Includes each subject that will be assessed on the Discover – Reading, Mathematics, Science, English and Language Usage
- Sample questions with accompanying explanations.
Achieve Online Tutorial
- This online learning program gives you students the extra help they need to acquire and master basic classroom skills.
- Features an online tutorial format that includes engaging video examples.
Learning Strategies Book
- This is a must-read book for busy students. Designed to help students prepare for the college classroom and improve academic performance in college.
- The first chapter contains a series of self-test inventories, while the remainder of the book provides strategies for learning, study, and succeeding on tests.